A pantomime with a difference- I am in it!
The rehearsals for our Founders Day Pantomime are in full swing and I have bagged the title role, Aladdin in our play temporarily titled Aladdin. It is a pretty funny panto with these Chinese people in it like Inspector Chu (Monk) and other weirdos. I get to fight against the evil guys, dance with girls and of course make fun of the audience. Awesome role isn’t it? But the rehearsals are tough. We have to do all these weird warm-up exercises like making funny faces and shouting out numbers. Personally, I have found it pretty fun though not all have the same opinion. We’ve been doing improvisational exercises for a few days and we started with the script today. I have to play this high-energy, cute (no problem there, heh) guy who falls for the Princess and fights the bad guys with a nonchalant air. Today’s rehearsals were quite boring since I could act out my scene only after the narrators had finished their stuff, which they never did. They had one minute of acting to do yet they kept laughing, crying or forgetting heir lines. I felt like I was a tennis player in Wimbledon during a rain delay. Hopefully, I will act tomorrow, unless there is more rain!

3 Comments:
considerin the fact that we dint evn hav our lines till a week before the play it wud hav been a little difficult for us 2 forget thm!
Daga: Savitri! Hahaha
Niranjan: What are you... what are my lines?
I was there!
lmao......rofl...... hahahahhhahahhahahahahahaha hahaahhahahahahahahhahah hahahaahahahahahahahhaah....
and it was savitri.. it was SUMITRAAAA...lol.....rofl.. lol...hahahahahahheheehehehhohohohhohohohoho...owwwchiies...tummy is hurting from laughing so hard.. and lakshmi.. im sorry to say this.. but till the day of the play.. the narrators did in fact suck..
Post a Comment
<< Home