My Aladdin obsession continues - Pics from our public performance!!
I've finally managed to post all the pics taken during our school's public performance of the pantomime "Aladdin". It's in sequential order and if you didn't see the play, you can read my commentary of sorts under each picture and understand what the hell the actors in the pictures are doing.

This is the picture of our school band (nothing to do with the play) performing right before the Gandhi play. I heard that they did an awesome job. I wasn't backstage for most of the time, was busy running outside. I felt that it would get rid of my nervousness. Laugh all you want, but it worked! But I heard their rendition of "Sweet Home Alabama" and it was brilliant.

The dragon, gargoyle, sun-chaser and the Saviour of China(not seen in pic) were our narrators. I personally had a lot of fun watching them during the rehearsals especially when the gargoyle went "Baaacon". LOL!! But they did a very good job.
"Make Way! Make Way!"- words that will forever be etched in the minds of the 2005-2006 12th standard batch. Niranjan actually managed to open the scroll this time!
"Meet your uncle Abanazaaaa!" The evil guy(The big guy in the pic with a banana on his head) poses as a nice guy to get the wonderful reeeches of the cave by tricking a washing-machine hungry washer-woman(the person who looks like the baker woman) into sending her son, Aladdin (Me!!!) with him[This is the scene where I forgot one of my lines :( ].But the two brothers, Wishy Washy (the guy with the cloth on his head) and Aladdin have different plans. Like, going to the Caaaarnival.

This was the pyramid I was supposed to get on to. The unfortunate thing was that those 2 guys kneeling in the front were supposed to be in the back, but anyway, the pyramid came out well.

Ahh yes, the dance! The worst part of our founder’s day show but something that came out really well this time . Oh and the girl I’m dancing with is Princess Martini.
“But you did say she has beautiful eyes!!!”The pic shows the conversation beween the Twankies about why Aladdin likes Martini, why the Empress is ugly and why an orange is not a good gift to give to the princess. This conversation is overheard by the evil guy, Abanaza and his two side-kicks Won and Ton. They offer to give Aladdin a lot of money if he completes a job for them.

So Aladdin gets into the cave, is chased by skeletons, who eventually offer to take him to the lamp that Abanaza wanted.

It turns out that the genie was in a torch light and not in a lamp and the genie gets Aladdin out of the cave. This was one of my favourite scenes, especially the “You’re Michael Jackson!!!” part.

This is the final fight sc
ene where Aladdin’s mom abandons him (Boo!) and goes to the evil side . A lot of sound is made by both sides but as usual, good always wins. So I get to climb on to the evil guy and punch his head. A once in a lifetime opportunity! Anyway I forgive him (Ask the scriptwriters!!) and all of us leave the stage with “Can’t help falling in love with you” playing in the background. Well, that’s pretty much the entire play. I had tons of fun being a part of it and hope whoever had the patience to go through this post enjoyed it (the post I mean).P.S: And Cabbage, I’m expecting a blog post from you now! (it took me 4 hours to put all these pictures up!!).

2 Comments:
lol k will do...but i need some embarrassing pictures! in these u can hardly see their faces!
okieee...hu r u agn...like ur nameo?
Post a Comment
<< Home